Tuesday, August 3, 2010

5.30.10 - Pulling out the Zoom Lens

So, when I purchased my camera back in December, the bundle I bought came with an 18mm-55mm lens in addition to the regular lens.  I had played with it briefly, but hadn't actually switched it over for a long period of time.  I found the perfect opportunity to do so at a Nashville Sounds game over Memorial Day weekend.  We were sitting in the second row, and were very close to the players, the field, but when I got that zoom out...wow.

I really enjoyed getting shots that I wanted to get.  Shots that were not tainted by people's heads, objects that stood between the target and myself.  It was the first time I saw the advantage of having another viewpoint.  I mean, com on, how many of us just move closer to our object.  It takes only a second, and it works just fine.  But what about those moments where you can't step any closer.  It was great.


It reminds me of when I was a sportswriter for my high school newspaper.  I always wished I had the picture that was in my mind of the game I attended to go along with my story.  Hey, Nashville Sounds, call me :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment