Tuesday, August 17, 2010

7.8.10 - Mt. Washington, NH

This year I have had the pleasure of doing and seeing things I have never done or seen before.  One of those things was driving halfway up the famous Mount Washington, NH.  It's where the Man in the Mountain is, or was... his nose broke off several years ago.  Tragic.

While on vacation in Maine, we drove down to North Conway to travel the Mt. Washington auto road.  We reached the half way point, right before it turned into a gravel, one-car-width nightmare.

I wanted to share a couple images from this experience, and these few of course, are of clouds.  One of the things I take away from my trip is how high in elevation we were.  To look out and see clouds eye level was breathtaking.  (I hear at the top, you are in them, crazy!)  Also, it was so lush here.  I've living in the south for 14 years now, and yes, it's green, but it's not green like it is Northeast.  Maybe because it's so hot, and I don't associate heat with lush vegetation.  (heat=warm colors, cold=cool colors?)





Yes, to the right there is a cloud that was hugging this side of the mountain.  It was like steam rising from the ground.  Anyways, it was a fun time.  I have roughly 200 photos from this, and no idea what to do with them all.  I just couldn't stop shooting, it was a sight I may never see again, or at least not for a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment