Sunday, August 29, 2010

8.27.10 - Behind the Scenes: Oasis Church SHE-Net Fashion Show, Nashville, TN

If I could fit more into the title without it being more of a mouthful, I also would have included that in this post, I experimented with no flash in a low lighting area, and since I only got one chance at these photos, and there was no staging, I had to accept what I got.  For the most part, I was very pleased!  Also, black and white. It worked so well here.

Both campuses of my church meet once a quarter for an event for only women, hosted by our leader, Pastor Jill.  It's always something fun: Wii Olympics, a Q&A panel...but this time.  It was a fashion show!  So when us Boro Babes (lovingly named by PJ) were asked to not only attend but participate, we piled into our vehicles and came down.  Five of us were models for the show, so we got to experience what being in a show was like, down to trying on clothes, choosing the right look, and doing our make-up.  The shots I am about to share of 5 of us crammed in front of the tiny vanity getting ready.  It was awesome.


Now, as you can see, there are some imperfections in most of them, again, one shot, really low lighting, low of time, but I actually loved how they all turned out.  Photo #1, I used flash, and since I hate flash photography, ESPECIALLY in dark places, I suppose this one came out all right, all things considered.  Her hair is a bit blown out, but I'll know next time.  Photo #2, didn't quite get the shot I wanted here, although she is still stunning.  I was hoping for a bit more of the compact... Photos #3-4 came out great, love the composition, and the dark lighting on both.  Photo #5...Now that's my gem!  I know that, as a photographer, you are supposed to stay out of the photo, and do angled shots with mirrors, however, I love the camera in this shot.  I love the lighting, I love the focus, I love the subject.  Get ready, Brides, this could be you! (I'll take myself out of yours, haha).  I love it's "technical imperfections".  Thank you, Mrs. Ayers, you are beautiful.  And Photo #6 - Ok, seriously?  The light where here eye silhouettes?  When I finally saw the images, I was shocked and how lucky I was for this.  It's magic.  And the reflection of the girls getting ready in the mirror?! LOVE!

Thanks, my friends, this was more than I could have asked for!

No comments:

Post a Comment